Thai Risotto Cake Recipe.
"We often have friends over for a lazy lunch and I want to offer them something unique and tasty to eat. This firm favourite tastes best when served with a big, fresh salad." - Veetee Member, Janet Rainey
- —1 tray Veetee Thai Jasmine Rice
- —2 tbsp cooking oil
- —2-4 tbsp Thai green curry paste (adjust according to desired heat)
- —1 pack of baby corn, halved lengthwise, cut into half inch pieces
- —½ small head of white cabbage, shredded
- —1 cup vegetable stock
- —1 bunch of scallions, cut into half inch pieces
- —2 large eggs, beaten
- —¼ can of coconut milk
- —Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat the oil in a pan and quickly fry the curry paste for 2 minutes without browning.
- Add the baby corn and cabbage, cook for a further 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, add the Veetee Thai Jasmine Rice and cook until it begins to resemble a risotto consistency.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly for approx 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased cake tin or a high sided quiche dish and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until it has firmly set and the top has browned.
- Remove from the oven, cut into wedges and serve immediately.