Chicken Kebabs with Rice Recipe.
Deliciously easy chicken kebabs, which are a winner all year round. For a vegetarian kebab option, try using marinated tofu or tempeh.
- —2 trays Veetee Basmati Rice
- —2 tbsp light soy sauce
- —1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- —1 tbsp oyster sauce
- —1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- —1 small red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- —1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- —1 onion, cut into wedges
- —2 tbsp olive oil
- —1 small red onion, finely chopped
- —2 tbsp raisins
- —Freshly chopped parsley
- —Lemon juice to taste
- Mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, and oyster sauce in a bowl.
- Add the chicken, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Thread the chicken pieces on to 8 skewers with alternating pieces of red and green peppers and onion.
- Brush the kebabs with oil, place under the grill or on a BBQ, turning frequently for 12-15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a saucepan, add the red onion and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add the rice together with the raisins and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Mix in the chopped parsley into the rice mixture and add a little lemon juice to taste.
- Serve the rice with the kebabs.