Brown Rice & Lentil Nut Roast Recipe.
"Perfect for when I want a lovely wholesome, home-cooked, vegetarian roast dinner. It's great fun because I can play around with the ingredients. I put different types of cheese and vegetables in, and I've even been known to add apricots and cranberries. Even my carnivorous friends and family can't resist a slice with their Sunday lunch."
— Friend of Veetee Sion Davies
This Brown Rice & Lentil Nut Roast recipe is perfect for a vegetarian roast dinner, and is substantial, versatile and customizable. Even meat lovers will love it!
- —1 tray Veetee Whole Grain Brown Rice
- —1 cup cooked lentils
- —2 ¼ cup mixed nuts, crushed
- —1 red pepper, finely chopped
- —1 red chili, finely chopped
- —2 carrots, grated
- —3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- —1 red onion, finely chopped
- —1 ¼ cup vegetable stock
- —½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- —¼ cup Parmesan shavings
- —4 eggs, beaten
- —2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- —1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- —Sunflower, vegetable, or canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion until soft. Add the pepper, chili, carrot and garlic, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the lentils and vegetable stock. Simmer until all of the liquid has been absorbed and the lentils are soft (approx 30 mins).
- Remove from heat and stove top.
- Add the cheeses, Veetee Whole Grain Brown Rice, nuts, eggs, ketchup, and mustard to the lentils and mix thoroughly, seasoning to taste.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for a further 30 minutes until it is firm and has a nice crust.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.