Creamy Broccoli & Rice Soup Recipe.
If you're looking for a creamy soup minus the calories, then Veetee has the solution! Delicious and healthy, this soup is the perfect winter warmer.
- —1 tray Veetee Whole Grain Brown Rice
- —1 large broccoli head, cut into small florets
- —2 scallion onions, sliced
- —1 garlic clove, crushed
- —2 ¼ cup 1% or 2% milk
- —2 tbsp water
- —1 tsp mint leaves, to garnish
- —½ cup crumbled feta cheese, to garnish
- —Canola, or other neutral oil
- —Salt & pepper to taste
- Microwave or steam the broccoli florets until tender.
- In a large saucepan, gently sweat the scallions and garlic in a little oil until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the milk and seasoning, then add the broccoli florets and Veetee Whole Grain Brown Rice, bring to the boil, turn down immediately and simmer for 3-4 minutes, avoiding a full boil.
- Remove from the heat and carefully blend with a stick blender until smooth, adding a little extra water as necessary to achieve your desired consistency.
- Return to pan, heat through, season to taste.
- Serve garnished with mint leaves and feta cheese.